yconic - University Acceptances- How many Grade 12 marks they consider.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University Acceptances- How many Grade 12 marks they consider.

A photo of 007 007
I have 4 courses this semester but i took Data Management last year (when i was in grade 11)and i didn't do so good. So when universities look at my marks,will they include my Data mark in my average since it is a completed grade 12 course? If they do I'm really screwed for uni since my average is going to drop by a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of KevinL KevinL

@007 wrote
I have 4 courses this semester but i took Data Management last year (when i was in grade 11)and i didn't do so good. So when universities look at my marks,will they include my Data mark in my average since it is a completed grade 12 course? If they do I'm really screwed for uni since my average is going to drop by a lot.

They might for early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@KevinL wrote

@007 wrote

They might for early acceptance.

+ 1

But for regular admission, they will take your top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses (some include prereqs) so as long as you have 6 other better marks you won't have to use data. But that would bring down your early admission (maybe), but that's not a big deal.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Aerocket Aerocket
when you say prereq do you mean 11u courses? F*CK!!!!!!!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Aerocket wrote
when you say prereq do you mean 11u courses? F*CK!!!!!!!!!

Prereqs are the courses required by the specific program. So for most business programs there is ENG 4U, AF and one other 4U Math. There will often be minimum marks for these, such as Waterloo has a min. of 75 in English. Most programs will include prereqs in the calculation. For early admission, they will take the high-school prereq of the Grade 12 prereq if you don't have the Grade 12 one.

That explain it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0