yconic - University Admission Question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University Admission Question

A photo of CalgaryStation6 CalgaryStation6
Hello,

In regards to university admission, is it the overall average of the 5 courses having to be above say 85% or each individual subject.

I would like to apply for mechanical engineering and I need Math, Calc, Physics, Chem and english.

If all my marks besides physics are above 85% but physics is in the 70s, what are my chances of getting into university for engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
its the overall average, and i think your physics has to be over 75%, but check einfo just to be sure
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
its the overall average, and i think your physics has to be over 75%, but check einfo just to be sure
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sllencer sllencer
If you're applying to school in Ontario and your from Ontario, then you need TOP 6 courses. And certain schools will have extra / specific requirements (i.e. top six average of 80 AND physics 70%+ ). Anyway... most schools only really lay down that specific requirement on your after you're already given an conditional offer (an offer of admission, contigent on the fact you maintain the same level of academic excellence by the end of the year). With all 85+ and physics with 70+, you should be okay for most engineering programs... the more competitive ones...maybe..maybe not. But if you can get like.... 85+ for math, I'm REALLY confident you should get AT LEAST low 80s for physics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sllencer sllencer
oh wait..from your name...you're not form ontario... lol forget what i just saidi know nothing about schools in alberta
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Having a low physics mark could hurt you for engineering applications. Here are the U of A's requirements:

http://www.registrar.ualberta.ca/calendar/Admission/Requirements-by-Faculty/15.7.html#15.7
Was this helpful? Yes 0