yconic - University Applications!?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University Applications!?

A photo of christinakwan1 christinakwan1
[size=7]In the part of our applications where we would give 200 word (or however many words) essay answers, for questions like "What experience made a great impact on you?", what kind of experience should I talk about? Should I make it more school related, work related, or personal related?
Thanks![/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of napinhei napinhei
You're thinking about it too much. Just forget about making it school related, work related, or personal. Instead, think about the question. What is the first thing that comes to mind? No matter what category it falls in, go with it. They won't care if it isn't related to education - in fact, that may be a good thing since they will see that you have a life outside of academia - or even what it is, really. They just want to see what experiences you've had that make you stand out and be unique from other applicants as well as assess your ability to communicate and express yourself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0