yconic - university degree or college diploma to work in human resources?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

university degree or college diploma to work in human resources?

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout
I've always planned to get a degree in psychology, in case i wanted to go to graduate school and such. But recently I've realized I want to go into Human Resources...I can't take Business Administration in university because i haven't taken any university mathematics, especially since i was only planning to go into psychology (anyway I'm horrible in math).

There's colleges that offer Human Resources diplomas, for only 3 years. A lot of employers are looking for university degrees, but some still only require college degrees too. Should I take the university psychology and minor in administration, or should i just go to college (with co-op) ?

Like with a psychology degree, would I still be able to go into human resources? A lot of the job requirements say, "Degree/Diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related."

Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
To declare yourself a Human Resources Professional you're now required to have a 4 year degree in anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xoblackout xoblackout
thanks. that's what i was leaning towards anyway :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0