yconic - University gyms
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University gyms

A photo of ProteinPowder ProteinPowder
I workout a lot and when school starts, I'll probably cancel the membership I have at my gym to save money. However, some universities have a gym so I can still workout but I want to know how well equipped they are, squat rack,lot of plate, bench,cardio machines ect.

I applied to UoFT,Waterloo,Ryerson and Mcmaster, so I mainly want to know what their gyms are like.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Mac has a decent gym imo. Great indoor track (I'm not a runner but runners seem to really like it), lots of studio space, pools, squash courts etc. The Pulse has 2 levels, first floor is free weights, machines, climbing wall, etc and second floor is circuit training and cardio machines (I've never had to wait to use a cardio machine). It's pretty well equipped and not too expensive. $63 for one semester membership and $119 for 2 semesters (tax already included).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alliyah2090 Alliyah2090
Depending on what school your attending... gym's at schools tend to be overpacked and having wait periods.
So i kept my own personal gym membership which i love, it also has free classes with it and its female only. I don't have to worry about sweating(looking gross) and getting distracted by nice arms and abs haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0