yconic - university help
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

university help

A photo of teebag teebag
hey, i just need some help picking what universities to apply to

my predicted average for my top 6 is about 86-87%

i am planning on applying to mcmaster commerce and laurier bba

what are some other good universities for accounting, which have good social scene

and res life?

btw how is western bmos without ivey and brock bacc?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Brock BAcc, BBA
Rotman
Laurier Honours Ec (you'll get an alternate offer if you dont get into BBA)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
bmos without Ivey isn't very good. Brock bacc is a quality program for accounting. With your current average, WLU is probably your best bet for accounting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 123abcuwo 123abcuwo
Just like what the previous person said, BMOS is just an average program (it lacks the name recognition, career management, etc. that Ivey is known for). Aim for Ivey if you decide to go into BMOS.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of living4themoment living4themoment
With that average you have a shot at Queen's if you want to but WLU is definitely your best bet. It has an excellent business and accounting program and the student/res life is great. There's so much positive, fun energy at Laurier and even the UW students go down the street to the Laurier parties ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Blistex Blistex
I think you should apply to the university where YOU see yourself going, not whichever one is the best, or whichever one you're parents want you to go to.

I'm applying to McMaster's Commerce program because I just love the campus and the area itself! And it has a pretty good social scene :P

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Blistex wrote
I think you should apply to the university where YOU see yourself going, not whichever one is the best, or whichever one you're parents want you to go to.

I'm applying to McMaster's Commerce program because I just love the campus and the area itself! And it has a pretty good social scene :P

You love Hamilton? :scratch:
Was this helpful? Yes 0