yconic - University HELP!...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University HELP!...

A photo of Mag Mag
So with all acquired information, so far im sure that im applying to York - biochem, biomed, biotech, and Ryerson - biomed engineering.
Although with my averages, im really scared i won't get accepted...
Midterms:
bio - 67%
chem - 78%
advanced functions - 65%
biotech - 85%
So i had a total average of around 73%

With this said, i really don't know what the chances are of me getting accepted now. I neeed to get into Life Sciences because that is the only faculty that truly interests me, and the only one i picture myself in.

I know york is a pretty good university, ryerson, kind of bad from what i hear, but these are the only Universities in Toronto apart from U of T (which im not even going to bother applying for). My question is, what are my chances of actually getting accepted into these programs ?

I was also considering applying to some universities outside Toronto, and was wondering which ones have a good reputation in the science area, yet have a chance in accepting me ?

Any advice would be really appreciated
Thanks for your time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of 123abcuwo 123abcuwo
With your average, you meet the min requirement for Lakehead, Nippissing, Trent & Windsor (if you're looking at schools outside GTA). For York, though, their cut-off is mid to high 70s, so your average falls short. You just meet the minimum for Ryerson, so depending on the level of competition for sci at Ryerson, it's a little iffy.
However, I still think you should apply for Ryerson, and perhaps the ones I listed above. They're not "known" for sci, but unless you can pull your Top 6 average up (you still have semester 1 exams, so study hard!), the chance of you getting into York, if you apply, may be slim.
Also, there's always the option of transferring to a different university after first year if you manage to get good grades in your first year of university :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0