yconic - University of Toronto - Engineering - Admission status change
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University of Toronto - Engineering - Admission status change

A photo of IronMan IronMan
Hey, I am an international student, actually, I am from Morocco! I have applied to the University of Toronto, Facuty of Applied science and Engineering - Undergraduate porgram. Frankly speaking, my admission status changed to under review by admissions committee almost two weeks ago and still haven't got any decision and I am too worried about it. I just want to know how much time will it take to receive an admission decision? And what are my chances to get in the Engineering science program?
knowing that my country follows a french patterned system, my grades are as follow :

French system - American system - Canadian system ( conversion )

- Maths : ( calculas + Algebra + Geometry) : 17.00/20 - A - 98%
- Physics and Chemistry : 18.50/20 - A+ - 100%
- Biology and Earth sciences : 18.50/20 - A+ - 100%
- English : 18.75/20 - A+ - 100%
- French and communication : 18.75/20 - A+ - 100%
- Philosophy : 15/20 - A - 95%
Overall Unweighted GPA : 4.00/4.00

I hope to find some help. Thanks in advance. Good luck to everyone!

Cheers :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Under review? That mean that Admissions is studying your application. Did they ask you to produce some sort of certification of English literacy?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LRooke wrote
Under review? That mean that Admissions is studying your application. Did they ask you to produce some sort of certification of English literacy?

yes, they actually requested that and I sent them my TOEFL scores and according to the tracking sytem the english facility requirement is satisfied and they don't need any document to be reported !! Still it is now 2 weeks that I am waiting for a decision and worrying if my grades are good enough to get me the engineering science program I am dreaming of !!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@IronMan wrote

@LRooke wrote

yes, they actually requested that and I sent them my TOEFL scores and according to the tracking sytem the english facility requirement is satisfied and they don't need any document to be reported !! Still it is now 2 weeks that I am waiting for a decision and worrying if my grades are good enough to get me the engineering science program I am dreaming of !!

Assuming those grade conversions are correct, I would be genuinely suprised if you didn't get in. Those marks are in the upper eschelon of achievement, so if you didn't get in, it would have to be due to some other circumstance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@steele wrote

@IronMan wrote

@LRooke wrote

Assuming those grade conversions are correct, I would be genuinely suprised if you didn't get in. Those marks are in the upper eschelon of achievement, so if you didn't get in, it would have to be due to some other circumstance.

Well, according to the university grades conversion policy this conversion is totally correct! I recently read on their website that international decisions are made on an on-going basis but most of these will be made by the end of May!! my application was received on Feb, 1st and was complete on april, 12. My status changed from not yet reviewed to under review after two weeks, on april, 27th and since then I am waiting for a positive decision to come out along maybe with a scolarship considering my good grades. However, here I am waiting and worrying in the very hope to hear from them positive answer soon that's why I am asking when your status changed from under review to decison made ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I can see why your concerned but its really hard for any of us to judge whether or not you will get in since you are an international student and all we can do is trust that your conversions are a hundred percent accurate. If they are as they stand you should be accepted.

Out of curiosity where else did you apply? And what do u wish to study?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

well, It is stated in the applicant guide they sent me that most of international decisions are made by late May! but considering that my application was under review for two weeks now, it is a little bit long. I mean I am sure they don't need two weeks to decide wether to admit or not!! that's why I am asking other applicants how time did it take for their status to change from under review to decision made? because I am not familiar with their admission process!! I have only applied to Utoronto engineering only in Canada because it is one of the best engineering schools in the world and the amazing engineering program they offer!! I must admit it is my first choice and I am really looking forward to hear positive news from them:p I wish to go for the engineering science program as I mentioned above! Concerning the conversion! My school sent them my grades certified and converted to the American system but I converted my grades from the american to canadian system according to some websites that's all!!
Cheers
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
well yeah but u specialize in something thats what i meant :P...and yeah goodluck hopefully i see you there next year pm me if you get in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted