yconic - University of Toronto civil engineering top applicant dinner
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University of Toronto civil engineering top applicant dinner

A photo of civilboy civilboy
I just got an email with an invitation to a dinner did anybody else get this
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of smandair smandair
I got that too. Do you know anything about it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got no clue I think I might go have u gotten accepted yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Haven't been accepted yet but I'm going.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yah not going i just want to get in u of t not really going there i wont get an education with close to 800 people in 1 classroom
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bijanv bijanv

@civilboy wrote
yah not going i just want to get in u of t not really going there i wont get an education with close to 800 people in 1 classroom

If you're in Toronto, I highly suggest you go... it's a worthwhile event. Plus the civil class size is small! Most of your classes will be about 40-50 people as with any other university (they split up the whole department into multiple small classes for lectures and even smaller ~20 for tutorials and practicals).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KJ9234 KJ9234
Is it on March 29/30?? I got into Eng Sci, and was wondering if it was the same thing. I don't know if I can go, since I am from out of town...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@bijanv wrote

@civilboy wrote

If you're in Toronto, I highly suggest you go... it's a worthwhile event. Plus the civil class size is small! Most of your classes will be about 40-50 people as with any other university (they split up the whole department into multiple small classes for lectures and even smaller ~20 for tutorials and practicals).

I assume you've been. I'm going what should I expect?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@KJ9234 wrote
Is it on March 29/30?? I got into Eng Sci, and was wondering if it was the same thing. I don't know if I can go, since I am from out of town...

The Civil Eng one is this Wednesday (March 9)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Just got back from the dinner. It was pretty good. At the end, they gave all the applicants an envelope. In said envelope, there was a card that said "YES!"
So, you're accepted (hope I haven't ruined the surprise). You'll get your formal letter the week of 21 March.
Congratulation! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0