yconic - University of Toronto Computer Science Application Question. Reply Fast!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University of Toronto Computer Science Application Question. Reply Fast!!

A photo of Khampa Khampa
Hey there, I am trying to apply to get into Computer Science program in University Of Toronto. I am applying as a mature student and i.e, 105D so because of that I don't require the six 4U courses. But anyways, In the requirement of the program for Computer Science, it states I need a Calculus course which I don't have. So I was wondering if there is anything that I can do, please reply fast because I think tomorrow is the deadline and I was thinking of applying tonight.

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
You could probably take a first-year course in calculus at U of T, but it would be pretty damn difficult without any prior experience. I'd apply and then take a calculus course at a community college or online.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Khampa Khampa

@Zion wrote
You could probably take a first-year course in calculus at U of T, but it would be pretty damn difficult without any prior experience. I'd apply and then take a calculus course at a community college or online.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I am not sure if you could do that but anyway, I think I am just gonna apply and yeah, is there any advantage of applying through either 101 or 105D?

Also, I noticed that, under Computer Science Program there are different majors listed such as:

- Computer Sc - Comprehensive
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Information System

So which one should I choose? I am more interested in developing software and don't necessarily like stuffs dealing with Physics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
No problem. What I mean is, U of T will have a calculus course that doesn't (claim to) require any previous calculus courses, but it'll be hard enough even with experience. I think the community college/online thing is your best bet.

I don't think it makes a difference to U of T which application you use. If you actually have the choice I guess you might as well use 101.

Their CS program has lots of streams/concentrations. Even though you have to put one on your application, you don't really have to declare anything until the end of first year. If you like software then software engineering makes sense.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Khampa Khampa

@Zion wrote
No problem. What I mean is, U of T will have a calculus course that doesn't (claim to) require any previous calculus courses, but it'll be hard enough even with experience. I think the community college/online thing is your best bet.

I don't think it makes a difference to U of T which application you use. If you actually have the choice I guess you might as well use 101.

Their CS program has lots of streams/concentrations. Even though you have to put one on your application, you don't really have to declare anything until the end of first year. If you like software then software engineering makes sense.

Thanks a lot for the info man, really helpful.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted