yconic - University of Toronto Residences
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University of Toronto Residences

A photo of MCLeBlanc MCLeBlanc
So, I just checked UofT's website and I got accepted :) But I didn't get into the college I wanted (Trin), and am instead in Woodworth. If my marks go up (my average will be going up by 6% in second semester), will I be able to get into Trinity in any way?

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I don't think so?
I thought once you get admitted to a certain college, you're in that one.
I think you can live in other colleges though..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Unfortunately not, once they assign you a residence, you're stuck with it, no matter how much your current high school marks improve. In fact they can take away Woodsworth and throw you into Chestnut. I know someone who got into UC, then some time later he got moved to Chestnut against his will. Before term started, of course.

Residence is guaranteed to all 1st years, and space is tight, so it's almost impossible to request a change.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MCLeBlanc wrote
So, I just checked UofT's website and I got accepted :) But I didn't get into the college I wanted (Trin), and am instead in Woodworth. If my marks go up (my average will be going up by 6% in second semester), will I be able to get into Trinity in any way?

Thanks.

Congrats on your acceptance! I just got accepted as well. How did you know which college you were officially accepted into? The OUAC site doesn't say, and the U of T application check indicates that the official letter is on its way, however I'm an impatient little bugger and I really want to know!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@stephhtrann wrote

@MCLeBlanc wrote

Thanks.

Congrats on your acceptance! I just got accepted as well. How did you know which college you were officially accepted into? The OUAC site doesn't say, and the U of T application check indicates that the official letter is on its way, however I'm an impatient little bugger and I really want to know!

It should say on your portal.
Try the join.utoronto.ca website!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I was really hoping that it was it, rather than an indication of what I applied for originally.

I didn't want to get my hopes up, but if you're right: I'm a Trin kid!
Was this helpful? Yes 0