yconic - University of Toronto St.George Campus Start Time (1st Year)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University of Toronto St.George Campus Start Time (1st Year)

A photo of nevraj nevraj
Just post your admission category and your start time.

I feel like I'm screwed! my start time is

July 25th, 4:30 PM
I'm doing life sciences.
I hope CHM151Y1 is not filled (there's only 150 spaces). I really don't want to take CHM138H/CHM139H.

I heard my start time is pretty late :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of Phase Phase
Same start time as you. The linear algebra (MAT223H1) lecture spot that I wanted is filling up fast, which will ruin my entire schedule. :thumbdown
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ArchEnemy ArchEnemy

@nevraj wrote

I'm doing life sciences.
I hope CHM151Y1 is not filled (there's only 150 spaces). I really don't want to take CHM138H/CHM139H.

You have a pretty early start time, so you should be able to enroll in CHM151. May I ask why are you enrolling in CHM151 if you are doing Life Sciences? Just curious..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KilgoreTrout KilgoreTrout

@ArchEnemy wrote
You have a pretty early start time, so you should be able to enroll in CHM151. May I ask why are you enrolling in CHM151 if you are doing Life Sciences? Just curious..

How is 4:30 pm an early start time if it opens at 6:00 am?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FallenOrchid FallenOrchid
I hear the life sciences students are all enrolling in the afternoon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Annabubble2011 Annabubble2011
Social sciences @ 6:30 AM
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of esin esin
life scis go last. im at 7:05 PM so don't worry
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Oxymoron Oxymoron
5:25 pm, doing Math&Phys Sciences. Am I screwed?

Also how do I check the number of spots left for a course?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nevraj nevraj

@ArchEnemy wrote

@nevraj wrote

I'm doing life sciences.

I like chemistry. I want to specialize or major in something chemistry related. I wouldn't be happy doing something like Human Biology or Ecology or something else of that sort.

Some of the POST that seem interesting are Immunology, Biochemistry, Biological Chemistry, Lab Medicine and Pathobiology, and Neuroscience. There are many others that aren't coming to mind at this very moment. Some of the ones I listed require CHM151 instead of CHM138/139 or it says something like "CHM151 recommended". Plus the small class size appeals to me. Is CHM151 so much harder than CHM138/139? I heard rumours that CHM151 is easier since the tests and stuff are less "tricky".

Can anyone recommend a seminar that fulfills BR 1 or 2 or 3. I need to complete a small class requirement for vic.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nevraj nevraj

@Oxymoron wrote
5:25 pm, doing Math&Phys Sciences. Am I screwed?

Also how do I check the number of spots left for a course?

There should be an option in ROSI. I forgot what its called. You just put in the course code and section and you can view how many spots there are. You can also view the time slots for lectures, tutorials and practicals for the course. This probably wasn't that helpful but you'll find your way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of ArchEnemy ArchEnemy

@KilgoreTrout wrote

@ArchEnemy wrote

How is 4:30 pm an early start time if it opens at 6:00 am?

Yup like what FallenOrchid said. Most life science students I know have had 5-7pm during their first year. He's pretty much earlier than most..

I've heard mixed feelings about CHM151, and I didn't take it personally, so I can't really say much about it..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Snowboarder629 Snowboarder629
I'm in Humanities and my start time is at 12:05pm. Anyone know of my chances of getting into the first year seminars I want. Medieval Aristocratic Culture and Language Diversity? Hopefully all works well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Oxymoron Oxymoron
Should've asked this earlier, but does UofT let you register for courses if there's a timetable slot conflict?

I want to take ECO105 (Mon 4-6, Fri 11-12) but its Friday class overlaps with my PHY151 class (MWF 11-12). I heard ECO105 is an easy course anyways so I was planning to just ditch the Friday classes. Will this be an issue? Will ROSI even let me register with a conflict?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Toncho Toncho
Humanities - 9:20 AM start time. Some students start at 6:00 AM wow!
Was this helpful? Yes 0