yconic - University of Waterloo?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University of Waterloo?

A photo of kalik2486 kalik2486
Just curious, is anyone applying to Waterloo Honors Life Sciences? What are the pros and cons of applying to biochem coop vs. bio-medical science (no co-op)? I heard Waterloo is very well-known for its coop programs but a biomed major is more flexible, is this true? Thanx in advance for answers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of raymondkhanano77 raymondkhanano77
I've been accepted into UW Life Science program! :D I don't know if I will go, but in the mail package I got from them it says that 67% of students go onto graduate studies. I also feel that it would be a much more relaxed place to study life science since the other schools I applied too are all really competitive.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jrodd21 Jrodd21
Yup, I am in first year in biochem co-op. If you are looking for more flexibility then go with biomed, as biochem is a lot more rigorous and you don't have any electives in the first year. It is a great program though at a great school, but be prepared to work hard!
Was this helpful? Yes 0