yconic - University of Western Ontario, Admissions?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University of Western Ontario, Admissions?

A photo of morganlucas14 morganlucas14
Hi, I'm currently a grade 12 student at an Ontario high school and I'm really gunning to get into Western/Fanshawe's combined Media program:
Media Theory and Production - the television broadcasting stream. I'm aware that the minimum admission average to get into Media info and Technoculture is 80%, but I was wondering if that also applies to prospective MTP students? And can I get into MTP right away or do I have to apply again during my first year of MIT? Should I be applying to both MIT and MTP when it comes time to send out my marks?
I know that there are other programs similar to MTP at Guelph-Humber, Laurier-Brantford, and Brock but none appeal me as much as Western's. I'm really anxious about getting in, mostly because I don't have any volunteer experience in the media-related field; although, I will have more than 100 hours of community service by the end of my grade 12 year. Is that a factor at all?
My grade 12 courses consist of: Data Management - MDM4U, Literature Studies - ETS4U, World Religion - HRE4M, Writer's Craft - EWC4U, Challenge and Change - HSB4M, English - ENG4U, and Communication Tech. - TGJ4M.
I'm a little bit worried about my Data marks because it's a struggle for me to get good math marks but I'm hoping for at least an 85 average. Will this get me accepted into MTP?
And one last thing, are there any supplemental admissions for MTP, such as an essay or video?

Thank you! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies