yconic - University Open House? Worth going?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University Open House? Worth going?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I've done enough research myself about the programs I applied to and I'll go check out the campuses myself depending where I get accepted, so my question is whether or not it's a big deal if I miss a campus open house?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@Medic93 wrote
I've done enough research myself about the programs I applied to and I'll go check out the campuses myself depending where I get accepted, so my question is whether or not it's a big deal if I miss a campus open house?

When I went to Western Campus Tour to check out the campus, I wasn't at all impressed and I kept comparing it to the Guelph Open house that I went months earlier. If I had to rate ,I would give Guelph 10 and Western 3 . First impression, the welcoming group at Guelph, Faculty students speech all left a lasting impression for me. I think it's different for everybody plus you get to meet more current students at open house and ask more questions. Ottawa is my next Open House stop which will be in 2 weeks ,I wasn't seriously thinking about going there but have a funny feeling that I will regret if I don't check it out.

So, Good Luck in deciding !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of redrose55 redrose55

@Medic93 wrote

Idk about others, but I definitely think visiting the campus of a university is an important factor in helping you determine where to go. If you get accepted into more than one uni, there's pretty much nothing left to do but check out the campus to see what it's like there and if you see yourself a student in that particular uni. ESPECIALLY if you are moving away from home and into residence. I didn't attend the open house though...just booked a tour but it was good enough. Open houses tend to be more informative though so I'd say give them a shot, you've got nothin 2 lose really..
Was this helpful? Yes 0