yconic - University Questions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University Questions

A photo of BrittCo BrittCo
Hey :)

Im only in grade 10 but I am looking into Universities. Ive decided that I want to study business and I want to go to University in Toronto maybe. I saw two business schools that I might want to go to which are Rotman and Schulich. Alot of people have been comparing them and Im not sure which is better. I like that Rotman is in a good location but Im not sure if they have anything to do with International business which i might be interested in. I found the website harder to go through than Schulich's website. I have a couple questions that would be great if you answered :)

1. Does Rotman have an International business program?
2. Which school is better overall? Why?
3. When they say 6 university courses is that only from your grade 12 year or also grade 11 and if there is a course that says university/college is that not considered one? Even if its not offered in only University?
4. For the average is that all of your course averages into one? Or a certain number of your top class marks?

Any other info would be great :)

Thanks
Brittney
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki
jeez, ur only in grade 10.. get a life
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dimethylamylamine dimethylamylamine

@Joshki wrote

Says the Asian kid with 96% avg and 200 posts LMFAO!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@dimethylamylamine wrote

@Joshki wrote

he's asian? i never knew that :O
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@dimethylamylamine wrote

@Joshki wrote

What does being Asian, having a 96% avg and 200 posts do with having no life?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33

@dimethylamylamine wrote

@Joshki wrote

What a guy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@dimethylamylamine wrote

@Joshki wrote

Asian? Good try tho, Rofl..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cookietiara cookietiara
Josh, I believe you aren't Asian.

To the initial poster: What does race have to do with grades?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@cookietiara wrote
Josh, I believe you aren't Asian.

To the initial poster: What does race have to do with grades?

cheers!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4

@BrittCo wrote
Hey :)

Im only in grade 10 but I am looking into Universities. Ive decided that I want to study business and I want to go to University in Toronto maybe. I saw two business schools that I might want to go to which are Rotman and Schulich. Alot of people have been comparing them and Im not sure which is better. I like that Rotman is in a good location but Im not sure if they have anything to do with International business which i might be interested in. I found the website harder to go through than Schulich's website. I have a couple questions that would be great if you answered :)

1. Does Rotman have an International business program?
2. Which school is better overall? Why?
3. When they say 6 university courses is that only from your grade 12 year or also grade 11 and if there is a course that says university/college is that not considered one? Even if its not offered in only University?
4. For the average is that all of your course averages into one? Or a certain number of your top class marks?

Any other info would be great :)

Thanks
Brittney

poor you, no one answered anything :P

now i don't know much about rotman because i've never considered it a top tier program (no offense to anyone).

2. to answer this though -schulich X1000. Rottman has the school name of UofT, but as a program and its recognition in the business world, Schulich trumps it all the time. Reasons are because schulich has a much better and WELL_BASED reputation for preparing its students. it also has the iBBA program, and most importantly, it cares about its undergrads. I've heard terrible stuff about rotman and u of t in general treating their undergrads like crap because all they care about are the grad students (which is where rotman is actually good- not undergrad); they also give crazy work and the teachers dont care about the students one wit. your classes are huge and all they care about is marks (which is also emphasized when u apply to the program).

^sorry thats pretty bashing-ish on rotman, but i have some friends there and i've heard pretty bad things. plus i dont like snobby schools which uoft comes off as.

3. only grade 12 courses. schools say how many courses can be M courses. for U/M courses I think that's fine (they'll consider as U i believe)

4. your average is your top six marks from grade 12 courses (including prerequisites)..

hope this helps.. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0