yconic - University-College Residences at Waterloo?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

University-College Residences at Waterloo?

A photo of smile88 smile88
Is there a big difference between residence life at the university-college residences, like St. Paul's, compared to somewhere like REV? Where will there be more exciting social life? And is it harder to meet people?

Any help would be lovely!

Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of gnr234 gnr234
I recently just asked a question along the same lines and haven't got an answer so if anyone with any knowledge answers this question can you please take a look at mine http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=3115

Also sorry to post my question and no answer to yours I just feel that someone needs to answer both of these! Please :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gnr234 gnr234
BUMP
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cxH cxH
ahh~~ i'd like to know about this too!

silly silly architecture school~ so far far away~._.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango

@smile88 wrote
Is there a big difference between residence life at the university-college residences, like St. Paul's, compared to somewhere like REV? Where will there be more exciting social life? And is it harder to meet people?

Any help would be lovely!

The univ.-college residences are considered to be more of a homey feeling cause you live and take classes there, too. It might actually be easier to meet ppl at those kinda residences cause they have their own caf, but it all depends on how social youre willing to be.

I actually dont know a lot about them, though & I dont have a lot of friends that live(d) in one of them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose
Because of the Living-Learning Community, my friend in Environment said that if you are going into that faculty, the majority of the first years live at St. Paul's. She said she felt bad for environment students living in other residences.

Other than that, the social environment in the colleges is very different. It has a very small feel to it and almost reminds me of a sort of small-town high school environment. The colleges house mostly arts programs, with a little math at St. Jerome's.

I am mostly going on hearsay and my impressions though, as I've never actually lived in the college residences.
Was this helpful? Yes 0