yconic - UofT - Best College for me
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT - Best College for me

A photo of Minia5 Minia5
I'm in grade 11 and I'm planning to study social science, arts & humantities courses in UofT but I can't decide what college to pick. I'm interested into getting into law school in the future to become a criminal lawyer so I don't know if matters what college I get into. Trinity College seems very good but I don't think I'm able to get accepted there though.
Anyway. I'm very social so I'm interested in joining clubs (ASA or BSA, LGBTOUT, etc) and finding ways to get involved with school.

What college you recommend me attending to?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of HeroOfCanton HeroOfCanton
There are arts students and clubs at all of those colleges, so I don't think it really matters. I would recommend visiting the campus and choosing the one that you are interested in the most.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Minia5 Minia5

@HeroOfCanton wrote
There are arts students and clubs at all of those colleges, so I don't think it really matters. I would recommend visiting the campus and choosing the one that you are interested in the most.

I could but I live in another city; I don't think I would have to time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
What do you mean you don't have time? You're in grade 11. That leaves two spring breaks, summer, and Christmas break. Even a long weekend would do.

There are dozens of threads on U of T colleges. We can't really tell you which would suit you best. Just do your research and a make a decision for yourself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
The old forum had lottttssssssssss of threads on this matter, you can find them :P
and it really doesn't matter what college you go to because you still take the exact same classes as everyone else
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Echoing all the above posters, all the colleges at U of T sound great. I am pursuing social science and personally, I think Vic is the best for me. It has an awesome Vic One program even though you don't have to be a part of the college to participate, and since it is the wealthiest college, you can get a decent scholarship. That's just my two cents.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Shomzie322 Shomzie322
yeah as everyone has already said, you sorta have to just go and decide for yourself. I went to their open house on thursday and i was really impressed with everything which really would hv left me just as undecided as before i went if i hadnt already chosen my college ranks. Also keep in mind from i hear the three prioity colleges ( vic, trinity and i cant rmr the last one :P ) will not really consider you if you dont rank them first, so keep tht in mind when ranking 2nd and 3rd schools for example. I personally put vic as first but as they will tell you if you go, you don't have to be part of that college to join most of their clubs. Things like tht college's student union would obviously be off limits, but aside from that your really open to join clubs from any college as im told.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21

@Shomzie322 wrote
Also keep in mind from i hear the three prioity colleges ( vic, trinity and i cant rmr the last one :P ) will not really consider you if you dont rank them first, so keep tht in mind when ranking 2nd and 3rd schools for example.

I believe only Trin and Vic require you to list them as first.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@clairec21 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote
Also keep in mind from i hear the three prioity colleges ( vic, trinity and i cant rmr the last one :P ) will not really consider you if you dont rank them first, so keep tht in mind when ranking 2nd and 3rd schools for example.

oh okay my bad :P also, i noticed clairec tht uve gotten accepted to u of t vic ? mind telling me wut ur marks are ? i applied to u of t for poly sci and vic is ranked as first so yeah :P i didnt apply to vic one though, wanna leave room for other courses : P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Shomzie322 wrote

@clairec21 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote

oh okay my bad :P also, i noticed clairec tht uve gotten accepted to u of t vic ? mind telling me wut ur marks are ? i applied to u of t for poly sci and vic is ranked as first so yeah :P i didnt apply to vic one though, wanna leave room for other courses : P

Sure thing :) My first semester average was 94 (90 in Bio, 92 in Challenge and Change, 95 in Politics, and 99 in History). I did English in the summer and finished with a 95. I'm also doing Advanced Placement European History, but I don't have a mark for it yet so I'm not sure if that even gets taken into consideration.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@clairec21 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote

@clairec21 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote

Sure thing :) My first semester average was 94 (90 in Bio, 92 in Challenge and Change, 95 in Politics, and 99 in History). I did English in the summer and finished with a 95. I'm also doing Advanced Placement European History, but I don't have a mark for it yet so I'm not sure if that even gets taken into consideration.

thats great ! if by some off chance u of t/vic accepts me, dont be a stranger ! :D lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Shomzie322 wrote

@clairec21 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote

@clairec21 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote

thats great ! if by some off chance u of t/vic accepts me, dont be a stranger ! :D lol

Thank you! And of course not. I love getting to know new people.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective

@clairec21 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote

I believe Innis does as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@theboydetective wrote

@clairec21 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote

Oh yes, their website says "Innis College gives priority to its first-choice applicants, so be sure to put Innis at the top of your list if you want to be a member of the Innis community."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken

@theboydetective wrote

@clairec21 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote

+1

Trin ftw though. Vic is ok too, and UC is dece.
Was this helpful? Yes 0