yconic - UofT - Trinity?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT - Trinity?

A photo of jschiralli jschiralli
I know there have been many questions about the U of T colleges, but I'm still really confused as to which college to rank as my #1 choice. I'd really like to put Trinity as my #1, but I don't think my grades are good enough...

My top 6

English: 83%
Peer Tutoring: 83%
Society: 86%
Law: 87%
Politics: 87%
Drama: 91%

So my top 6 average comes to 86%...

I'm planning to get my average up by 2-3% by the time our marks are sent to the universities, but will that even be enough? Will it be enough for Victoria? My second choice would be Woodsworth because I'm planning on going into Criminology. I haven't heard much about Woodsworth, so I'd like to know as much as possible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of willeh willeh
I can't really decide between university or vic, I'm not considering trinity because I heard from quite a few people that the scholarships at trinity are lower than other collages.

Any1 wanna give me some advice which one to choose? Also I'm gonna need to choose at least one other collage as my backup (2 if I rank university first)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
I put victorial as my first choice cuz i think it offers more scholarships. Its residences arent that far from Rotman building, only takes about 10 mins ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willeh willeh

@Joshki wrote
I put victorial as my first choice cuz i think it offers more scholarships. Its residences arent that far from Rotman building, only takes about 10 mins ;)

How far is Vic to the life science buildings though? I know UC is at the centre of the campus so it can't be very far away from anything. And anyone know how the residence at Vic and UC compare with each other? Also what is the topic of the application essay for Vic this year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Vic is... possibly rather far from life sci classes, like 10-15 min potentially. But exercise doesn't hurt, right?

there are nice reses at both vic and uc. I haven't been to every single res at each though so I can't really give you a good answer, sorry! one thing I've heard though is that first years at Vic don't usually get single rooms.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@kraken wrote
Vic is... possibly rather far from life sci classes, like 10-15 min potentially. But exercise doesn't hurt, right?

there are nice reses at both vic and uc. I haven't been to every single res at each though so I can't really give you a good answer, sorry! one thing I've heard though is that first years at Vic don't usually get single rooms.

Would you say Trin has nice reses? :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
^ somewhat nice yeah. cozy. but not like, super modern with huge rooms and air conditioning and stuff. the heating can be a little sketchy but I heard they were doing improvements to it last year, possibly.

the food isn't the greatest, but having eaten at other reses such as New and Chestnut, there really isn't much difference. my friend at UC (morrison) says the food is atrocious and greasy but I've yet to try it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hey guys!

I'm very excited about UofT! Choosing my uni was a no-brainer, but I'm stuck on the college.

For me, it's a bit of a tie between Trinity and Vic.

I've done my research. I love the single dorms at Trinity, the beauty of the campus and the academic dons. Yet, in all honesty Vic has more scholarships and it seems to have a more relaxed social scene.

Are the rumours true? Is Trinity as snobbish and intimidating as it seems?

Can a girl who isn't big on the traditions but has the marks and loves sports, drama, The Black Keys and amusing conversation excel at Trinity? Or is the culture as suffocatingly conformist as it seems?

I'd love some thoughts!

Was this helpful? Yes 0