yconic - UofT: Best College for Social Science and Humanities
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT: Best College for Social Science and Humanities

A photo of Minia5 Minia5
I'm trying to aim for an 85% average for grade 12 (this year) to get accepted to UofT (Vic). I don't know what other colleges in UofT to apply to that is great for Social Science/Humanities students. So other than Trinity and Victoria, where else should I apply to that accepts an average that is close to an 85%?
I don't know if I would reach my goal because I'm taking 6 grade 12 courses and 1 grade 11 (MATH) prerequisite course which I'm starting to freak out so I'm not so confident.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of kraken kraken
Your program doesn't really make a difference to your college as there are some arts people everywhere and some science people (and some professional students like engineers/music students). Most colleges will probably accept you with that average (and Trin and Vic look at your supp app as well as your marks, so you do have a chance at those). Is there anything else in particular that you're looking for in a college? Old/new buildings, meal plan/no meal plan, dorm/apartment style, extra-curriculars etc.? Will you be in res?

Note that Trin, Vic and Innis (the pickiest colleges) will all usually look at your app only if you rank them first. So if you apply to one of these, you might as well put the other two last.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Minia5 Minia5

@kraken wrote
Your program doesn't really make a difference to your college as there are some arts people everywhere and some science people (and some professional students like engineers/music students). Most colleges will probably accept you with that average (and Trin and Vic look at your supp app as well as your marks, so you do have a chance at those). Is there anything else in particular that you're looking for in a college? Old/new buildings, meal plan/no meal plan, dorm/apartment style, extra-curriculars etc.? Will you be in res?

Note that Trin, Vic and Innis (the pickiest colleges) will all usually look at your app only if you rank them first. So if you apply to one of these, you might as well put the other two last.

I'm a very social/artsy type of person so a school that have diversity, great clubs, or something like that. I don't mind about meal plans, buildings, dorms, and such.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Ok yeah, Vic or Trin sounds good. UC and St. Mike's would be good backups. New/Innis/Woodsworth don't really come across as super social/fun (Innis and New have lots of engineers I believe - study parties!).

Also, if you're within visiting distance, take college tours.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Minia5 Minia5

@kraken wrote
Ok yeah, Vic or Trin sounds good. UC and St. Mike's would be good backups. New/Innis/Woodsworth don't really come across as super social/fun (Innis and New have lots of engineers I believe - study parties!).

Also, if you're within visiting distance, take college tours.

I heard really great things of UC so it's one of my choices. Are you aware of the acceptance average for UC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Hmmm not sure. they're not too picky, but higher than some... St. Mike's and (I think) New accept anyone who gets into U of T :) 85ish should probably get you into UC or most other colleges.
Was this helpful? Yes 0