yconic - UofT CS vs UTSC CS vs Carleton CS
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT CS vs UTSC CS vs Carleton CS

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Currently applying for CS too. I applied to Waterloo, UTSC, and UOIT (I would not recommend it).
From what I here, UW and UTSG are about tied, > Carleton > UTSC.
But I would highly recommend going to Waterloo or UTSG. Dont even think about UTSC, as it is usually a campus to make money.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Currently applying for CS too. I applied to Waterloo, UTSC, and UOIT (I would not recommend it).
But I would highly recommend going to Waterloo or UTSG. Dont even think about UTSC, as it is usually a campus to make money.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RSanDiego RSanDiego

@Bscit wrote

I agree to what basedbraden said, but to an extent. I would definitely recommend going to UofT for your CS degree, but if you happen to not get accepted by UTSG, do not rule out UTSC. I have a friend who is doing CS at UTSC, and he says that there are new labs from the new building, IC, giving them more computers to work with. Also the campus is smaller than most, making it easier to make friends with people in your program <- Something my friend said is really important when you are stuck on an assignment. So if you don't want to go far, like Waterloo or Carleton, UTSC is still a great option.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Serllen Serllen
Do you guys know is there a significant difference between UTSG and UW in computer science? For example Co-op/internships, courses and professors...etc?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of broodp4 broodp4
Go to uoft because it's prestigious. Go to Carleton if u want to have an easier time. I was like all the hs kids back when I was applying. I gave school prestige way more importance than if I actually liked the school and the environment. Big mistake.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Serllen Serllen

@broodp4 wrote
Go to uoft because it's prestigious. Go to Carleton if u want to have an easier time. I was like all the hs kids back when I was applying. I gave school prestige way more importance than if I actually liked the school and the environment. Big mistake.

So you would recommend U of T because of its reputation?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of arviny arviny
If you really want to learn and challenge yourself plus have good career prospects then UTSG or Waterloo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of broodp4 broodp4
Yeah if u want to work extra hard for a A then uoft or waterloo is for u. BS on the career prospects. Where u got ur degree matters less and less nowadays. My brother's boss got his engineering degree form lakehead. Go figure
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of desgarron9 desgarron9

@arviny wrote
If you really want to learn and challenge yourself plus have good career prospects then UTSG or Waterloo.

Do you know what the future job prospects are like for a UofT cs student? compared to waterloo?
Was this helpful? Yes 0