yconic - UofT Economics.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT Economics.

A photo of Econkid Econkid
Hi, I'm expecting a low to mid 80s for midterm (83-85). My #1 school I want to get into is UTSG Econ.

On the site, and from what people been telling me that uoft accepts everyone, roughly
high 70s to low 80s. blah blah etc.

Also I know that econ isnt that competitive to get into because most of the business-focused students would have applied for Rotman Commerce program and even the mgmt co-op at UTSC, and for those who do extremely well in highschool would most likely go for schulich, ivey, queens.

I'd say my chances of getting in are pretty high. However, I do have 2 repeated courses (Eng and Calc), both were 70s which i repeated for high 80 and low 90s respectively.

Is my intuition about a high chance of acceptance correct?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I think they might probably take your first attempt for the repeated courses...But, I am not 100% sure. I think you have a good shot though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of menjeco777 menjeco777
Before i read your bit about repeated courses, my thought was Yes, for sure. But the fact is you repeated courses. U of T HATES and i mean HATES people who do that, and they definitely do not look to kindly on that. I am not saying that there is no chance on Gods green earth you will get in either, simply that again U of T hates repeated courses, and I generally think they look at your first attempt only. I could be wrong. Anyway goodluck.
P.s You def need to step it up, I came into U of T with a 90 avrg and its hovering around 75-80 right now. SO get ready to work hard, and if not BRING LUBE.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm in the middle of redoing Math right now, but I still got accepted into U of T.
But I don't think it showed up on the first transcript I sent them since I didn't finish 50% yet, so they didn't know.
But I think they don't think too highly of repeated courses, and they'll either take your first attempt or a blend of the two.. definitely won't be nice enough to take the higher of the two.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Econkid Econkid

@menjeco777 wrote
Before i read your bit about repeated courses, my thought was Yes, for sure. But the fact is you repeated courses. U of T HATES and i mean HATES people who do that, and they definitely do not look to kindly on that. I am not saying that there is no chance on Gods green earth you will get in either, simply that again U of T hates repeated courses, and I generally think they look at your first attempt only. I could be wrong. Anyway goodluck.
P.s You def need to step it up, I came into U of T with a 90 avrg and its hovering around 75-80 right now. SO get ready to work hard, and if not BRING LUBE.

yea i did some research, dont want to get kicked out of UT after first year if i get in... ECOMANing the first year lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0