yconic - UofT Engineering Student Profile Need Help
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT Engineering Student Profile Need Help

A photo of ARollingStone ARollingStone
Hi,

I am having some trouble filling out the Student Profile for UofT and I am just wondering if you guys/girls whom either already have finished applying or know how to, will be able to answer my questions below:

Education Timeline: At first you answer the date and then yup are prompted with an option to add institution what is that for? Also is there more to filling in that section because I don't want to save and not be able to go back and change it.

Academic History: When completing this you are required to submit your grades, Are you taking a risk by giving a course this semester that you possibly can do better on the semester before, for example, I got a 88 first semester in Religion but I have Comp.Eng. course this semester and i could possibly get a 90+.

Finally, Extracurricular Activities: How much do they matter at University of Toronto, I have limited amounts of community service but have good marks..will it affect my application because I've heard different things.

Thank you, your help it is greatly appreciated. :brilsmurf
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
The institution is the school that you studied at. If you filled that in for your first school, then don't hit "add institution" as it's for people that have been at more than one.

From what I've heard, UoT Engineering won't reject you because you have no ECs, if your grades are high enough.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TTRaptors TTRaptors
A university would not reject you outright for lack of EC's but if someone can multitask between decent marks and hours of free time + volunteering then they probably stand a better chance of getting in compared to the person who strictly abides to study!study!study!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nakhuda93 nakhuda93
Don't make the same mistake as me. I thought the essay was 3000 words not characters lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0