yconic - UofT EngSci Conditional Offer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT EngSci Conditional Offer

A photo of paulliwali paulliwali
Hello,
So I have been conditionally accepted to UofT with a 2500 scholarship. It says I have to make sure my Prerequisite has to be above 85%.

Question 1: If I drop my mark by 1 or 2 percent but still above 85 will UofT withdraw my scholarship and/or offer?
Question 2: Since I am a student in BC, which only need a top 4 course average, which 6 courses would UofT use for EngSci? (I have done English 12, Math 12, Physics 12, Chemistry 12, Biology 12) I don't have another Grade 12 provincially examinable course to make 6 in total.

Lastly I am doing Calculus Currently, what mark should I get for the green light?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm not too sure about the first question since I wasn't offered a 2.5k scholarship.
However, about the courses.. for a BC student (I am one too - yay!), they use 5 courses for admission.. Eng 12, P. Math 12, Chem 12, Phys 12, and Calculus 12.
I'm not sure if this applies to the faculty of Engineering, but I know for Sciences that you have to get at LEAST a 70% in Calculus to keep your admission offer by the end of your third term.
But in order to keep an 85% average.. I think you need to be doing better than a 70.. unless your other marks are superb.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the quick response, I thought I was out of the woods since for BC unis I am done all the courses, and just left with APs. I guess all Ontario schools wants Calc as part of the marks eh.

well I am doing pretty good in the class hopefully nothing too far from my avg.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah most east coast schools want Calc for Sci/Eng programs..
So glad that I took it!
Not doing too good in it but oh well, it'll do.
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

well good luck to you!
maybe I'll see you in UT =D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

To you too. :)
What college were you accepted into?
Vic?
:bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Eh..Innis because I thought apartment would be cool
Hope I get some cool room mates.

Is Vic 2 people dorms?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

That's a very good question.
I think it is, but I never really looked into it.
I never thought I would get in so I didn't bother doing my research.
Was this helpful? Yes 0