yconic - UofT: Entrance averages for St. Mikes and New College
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT: Entrance averages for St. Mikes and New College

A photo of Minia5 Minia5
I'm planning to get an English Degree @ UofT so my program will be Humanities. I'm deciding on what college I should attend @ UofT and I'm a bit stuck to be honest... So far, my first option will be Victoria College than University College. I need to pick an easy but good college to be accepted to so I "assumed" that either St. Mikes and New College would be a good back up.

So my question is:
1. What are the entrance averages for St. Mikes and New College and which college would be easier to get accepted to?
2. Will an average of 85% and over be enough for me to be accepted to Victoria and University College?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Minia5 Minia5

@Minia5 wrote
I'm planning to get an English Degree @ UofT so my program will be Humanities. I'm deciding on what college I should attend @ UofT and I'm a bit stuck to be honest... So far, my first option will be Victoria College than University College. I need to pick an easy but good college to be accepted to so I "assumed" that either St. Mikes and New College would be a good back up.

So my question is:
1. What are the entrance averages for St. Mikes and New College and which college would be easier to get accepted to?
2. Will an average of 85% and over be enough for me to be accepted to Victoria and University College?

By the way, the reason why I considered New College is because of the language courses that they offer there. I'm not sure if St. Mikes, Victoria or University have language courses (eg. Japanese and Arabic).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
1. I think you just picked the two colleges who let in anyone who gets into U of T. good job :)
2. UC yes. Vic probably but depends on your supp app
3. you can take any courses on the campus, no matter what college you go to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Brianrankin Brianrankin
Contrary to what the person above me has said, EVERY COLLEGE IS THE SAME. You're allowed to take any classes, at any college without fear of penalization or preference IT'S ALL U OF T. Another common misconception is that one college has more intelligent people than another. Again, this is something Vic, or Trin students will say about their colleges. It's all propaganda. Some of the most brilliant people I've met here at U of T are from Innis, or Woodsworth. I myself am at st.mikes, and i love it! Pick a college based on your preference in terms of location, residence styles, and preferred vibe. My final advice is to not take the college choice too seriously, and to go an tour each one individually (if possible) to help you decide.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
I didn't say they aren't the same. I said they have different admission standards, which is true. And I said that you can take any courses, which is what you said. Learn to read, bro.
Was this helpful? Yes 0