yconic - UofT life sci
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT life sci

A photo of yyxh yyxh
Im thinking of going to life sci at u of t & hopefully to grad school later on. However there's so much critism & negativity online about uoft giving out low marks and what not.

Is there statistics/info on the percent of people who graduate from life sci vs those who switch/drop out?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Trarod Trarod

@yyxh wrote
Im thinking of going to life sci at u of t & hopefully to grad school later on. However there's so much critism & negativity online about uoft giving out low marks and what not.

Is there statistics/info on the percent of people who graduate from life sci vs those who switch/drop out?

I'm not sure if they have that statistic, but I think the best place to look would be:
http://www.cou.on.ca/statistics/cudo.aspx

As someone in UTSG life sci (2nd year now), I can tell you a little bit of information about my class. At the very beginning, there were a little more than 1700 of us enrolled in life sci. That number has slipped to around 1200 for second year. This means a dropout or switch rate of about 29-30% after first year. When it`s all said and done, I`d say maybe 900-1000 of us will graduate with a life science degree after 4 years (around 55% of the original class).

This doesn`t mean that you have a 55% chance of obtaining a degree if you go to U of T. It`ll depend on a lot of things. A strong high school background is helpful in first year, but hard work is essential throughout all 4 years. It`s really quire simple, if you work hard and have above average intelligence you will succeed. Doing well at U of T life science isn`t so much about being smart and talented as it is about being disciplined and motivated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0