yconic - UofT Missi. Bcom vs Mcmaster Bcom hons Vs Waterloo BAFM vs Brock BAcc?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT Missi. Bcom vs Mcmaster Bcom hons Vs Waterloo BAFM vs Brock BAcc?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hi, I am a high school student and want to know which universities are better out of the four. I want to become a Chatered Accountant so pls tell me which are good for me. I am an honours roll student and very hardworking so pls give me some advice.

Also pls tell me about costs, how well the programs are recognized by employers, residence etc. Thank you so much I really appreciate you help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki
I would rank this way (biased cuz I freaking love UofT 0-0)
UTM > Waterloo's AFM > Brock's Bacc > Mac's BComm

However, being realistic, AFM is better than UTM for sure, it has very good reputation among employers as the students coming out of AFM are talented and well-prepared for the career.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
If you're interested in accounting...why not consider Schulich? :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@aeryn wrote

Because AFM is better :P

Personally I wouldn't even consider UTM or Mac. I would be looking at Waterloo AFM, Schulich, Queen's, Laurier, Brock BAcc, and Rotman (in somewhat that order).

AFM is expensive after first year. Tuition is roughly 6k first year, and 16-18k in the following years. But you do get 4 co-op terms to offset tuition costs. And it's awesome.

If you have any specific questions about AFM, feel free to ask or PM me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn

@g93 wrote

@aeryn wrote

Because AFM is better :P

Personally I wouldn't even consider UTM or Mac. I would be looking at Waterloo AFM, Schulich, Queen's, Laurier, Brock BAcc, and Rotman (in somewhat that order).

Great way to summarize it :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0