yconic - UofT: Music for beginners?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT: Music for beginners?

A photo of Minia5 Minia5
I never took any music courses in High School so I'm sure that I'm not able to learn music in University. Is there a way I could learn how to play music in University?
Will joining a club might help?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
yeaa! some choirs and bands require an audition but some are also just for fun
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
That depends on what kind of music you want to learn to play on what instrument.
If you tell me anything specific, I could ask around.. my girlfriend(goes to UofT) and I are both musicians so we might be able to help you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Minia5 Minia5

@dbdudgh wrote
That depends on what kind of music you want to learn to play on what instrument.
If you tell me anything specific, I could ask around.. my girlfriend(goes to UofT) and I are both musicians so we might be able to help you.

I was planning to learn either the piano or alto saxophone.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pandasbox pandasbox
Does UTSG have a choir for classical music or opera? Particularly for people who have no experience (audition is fine, just no formal training).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
That's awesome, I need some singing lessons! Good thing I'm not the only one :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of colakid123 colakid123
Not to hijack the tread but can non-fine/performing arts majors take those courses? I'd love to take some type of painting, ceramics or drama either recreationally or as an elective.
Was this helpful? Yes 0