yconic - UofT Physics: To take, or not to take
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT Physics: To take, or not to take

A photo of Stopless Stopless
Hello. I'm in my final year of high school, and I am considering applying to the University of Toronto (St. George Campus). For my first year, I would like to take the Biochemistry course. After some research, I've discovered that Physics (SPH4U) is reccommeneded, which also means that if it was not taken in grade 12, it will have to be taken in my first year of university.

How is physics in university, and what is that particular course called? Furthermore, would taking Physics in university help towards the entry to Medical School?

Answers are appreciated. Thank you for reading. (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
First year physics at UTSG is really easy. As you go up the years the physics you learn start getting really intense.

I'm pretty sure at least a year of physics is a mandatory requirement for most medical schools. Physics is very much a weeder course, it gets rid of people who are retarded who want to be doctors. If you are smart then you will find physics really easy. If not then you will find physics to be difficult.
Was this helpful? Yes 0