yconic - UofT Trinity Profile Form Essay
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UofT Trinity Profile Form Essay

A photo of cm0011 cm0011
So I'm a Trinity College Applicant at University of Toronto St. George, and for the supplementary application, there are two questions:

1. Describe your principal activities and interests beyond the classroom and tell us how they have contributed to your development. What role will extra-curricular activities play in your life as a Trinity College student? (500 words maximum)

2. Write a creative piece (essay or story) in reaction to the image below. (500 words maximum)

For the first one, does it have to follow the 5 paragraph format (intro, body, conclusion)?

And for the second one....ANY THOUGHTS on what I could just start with when writing it? D;
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
This application is meant to flesh out your creativity and thinking ability. It doesn't have to follow a five paragraph essay format, but it would help to break it into understandable paragraphs. Just write something within your comfort level.

Also, for the second question, I recommend being as creative as possible. Last year the picture was of a rusty brown chain and I said that the chain was actually made up of giant bagels that formed the pillars of society in a world of grain-people.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
You don't necessarily need to have 5 paragraphs, but a couple of sentences for the intro and conclusion can't hurt.

Go crazy with the second one; I loved writing about the chain last year, once I actually got started :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
For the second one I was thinking I could write a story about how I'm going to rob some art museum. LOL. Maybe I only thought that was a good idea because I was watching The Town at the time :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of elmiiira elmiiira
I'm trinity applicant but I have to answer to different questions: Describe your principal activities and interests beyond the classroom. What role will extra-curricular activities play in your life as a Trinity College student? (400 words maximum
Tell us about your academic interests and what you plan to study at U of T. How does your plan fit in with your long term goals? (400 words maximum)
it seems strange
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cm0011 cm0011
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I see creativity is the main factor in the questions, especially the second one. How creative do they expect it? Completely out of the box, or just creatively written?

@elmiiira wrote
I'm trinity applicant but I have to answer to different questions: Describe your principal activities and interests beyond the classroom. What role will extra-curricular activities play in your life as a Trinity College student? (400 words maximum
Tell us about your academic interests and what you plan to study at U of T. How does your plan fit in with your long term goals? (400 words maximum)
it seems strange

Are you a 105 applicant? I'm a 101 applicant, and I think the 101 trinity profile and the 105 trinity profile are different.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cm0011 cm0011
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I see creativity is the main factor in the questions, especially the second one. How creative do they expect it? Completely out of the box, or just creatively written?

@elmiiira wrote
it seems strange

Are you a 105 applicant? I'm a 101 applicant, and I think the 101 trinity profile and the 105 trinity profile are different.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of takavar takavar
I've posted a comment on a similar thread. Make sure you are clear on your essay and write well. Get others to proofread and write about pretty much whatever you want. Last year we had a rusting chain with cobwebs handing over a body of water. There was an incredible variety of answers (one person wrote a scientific response).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cookietiara cookietiara
For the first question regarding extracurriculars, should we pick one activity and thoroughly discuss it? Or perhaps list every EC (that is important/pertinent)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cm0011 cm0011

@cookietiara wrote
For the first question regarding extracurriculars, should we pick one activity and thoroughly discuss it? Or perhaps list every EC (that is important/pertinent)?

I'd say talk about more than one, but focus not as much on the activity, but how it helped you develop and how you can incorporate it as a Trinity student. Cause that's the question :p have someone proofread it and give their opinion, I had my English teacher edit it, ad she gave me some awesome pointers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0