yconic - UoGuelph Transfer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UoGuelph Transfer

A photo of tscully tscully
I applied to University of Guelph as a transfer student for an undergrad degree in biological sci from another university.
I was wondering if anyone else has also applied for transfer and has received an answer from them for fall '12 entry?
I have a high 80 avg in uni marks as of right now and its been a while since they've received and it still says forward for academic decision.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

This post was deleted

I go to Brock right now
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@tscully wrote
I go to Brock right now

What's wrong with Brock?

They'll be opening a massive new Health & Bioscience complex, I'm sure the student population is a little smaller than Guelph's.

If you're switching cause of course offerings or anything to do with the program that's fine. However, if you're just concerned about the name of the University on your degree that's silly.

What's your exact intent for wanting to transfer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Personally Brock just wasn't the right fit although it is a nice school and the program doesn't fit to what I want to do after and Guelph has more courses and flexibility to have prerequisites.
As for grades I believe its work ethic and you should have decent grades no matter where you go otherwise you wouldn't be successful after or on entry exams anyways.
If anyone has any stories about transferring that would be great!
Was this helpful? Yes 0