yconic - uottawa residence
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

uottawa residence

A photo of Kimia2012 Kimia2012
Hi! I was wondering if someone would be able to give me a response on my following question. I sent in my rez deposit a few days ago and i listed 90u as my first choice. The thing is someone told me thats very competitive and that everybody wants 90u. So i was wondering what are my chances of getting it and when will i know for sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@Kimia2012 wrote
Hi! I was wondering if someone would be able to give me a response on my following question. I sent in my rez deposit a few days ago and i listed 90u as my first choice. The thing is someone told me thats very competitive and that everybody wants 90u. So i was wondering what are my chances of getting it and when will i know for sure.

Ha..Ha ! I just called them on Friday specifically on the same question. Yes, the lady on the other end said it's almost filled up but not yet. So if you already sent in your deposit most likely you might get in . I am going to their open house during March Break and will decide then if that's where I want to spend the next 4 years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aquarius wrote

@Kimia2012 wrote

Ha..Ha ! I just called them on Friday specifically on the same question. Yes, the lady on the other end said it's almost filled up but not yet. So if you already sent in your deposit most likely you might get in . I am going to their open house during March Break and will decide then if that's where I want to spend the next 4 years.

So did they tell you if you got into 90u? Or how much space is availBle?
Sorry 4 specifics im just really nervous
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Kimia2012 wrote

@aquarius wrote

@Kimia2012 wrote

So did they tell you if you got into 90u? Or how much space is availBle?
Sorry 4 specifics im just really nervous

I haven't applied for any residence yet and if and when I do likely Thompson single room will be my choice.It's $1400 cheaper than 90U. I did ask her how many spaces left available for 90U, she won't give me that info. Since it's first come first serve, and you alreday send in your deposit then likely you will get in cause she did say it's filling up fast which to means there are still rooms there.
You certainly can call ask if they got your application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bui03 bui03
I just accepted today, and im about to register into res hopefully getting into 90U... ill be so mad if i dont get into this res
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Has anyone gotten housing offers yet? I heard that they start sending them out at the end of March.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Kimia2012 wrote
Has anyone gotten housing offers yet? I heard that they start sending them out at the end of March.

They don't send out offers until June 1st. Reason : Not everybody who has sent in the deposit has accepted their offer. I haven't accepted my offer yet though they have my res deposit for 90U.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TaylorShandraw TaylorShandraw
They actually do start handing out offers before the 1st, we should start hearing within the next week or two.
Was this helpful? Yes 0