yconic - Upgrading a course = Retaking or is it different.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Upgrading a course = Retaking or is it different.

A photo of beengwaigor beengwaigor
So i heard of this program from my friends where you can upgrade your courses in summer school.Is this actually UPGRADING your mark as in if you had a 70 it will show up as 80 after. Or is it basically retaking as in you have 2 separate marks ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of nsx nsx
Two separate marks when you repeat the course and if you move from one stream to another. (ex. applied to academic).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
2 separate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beengwaigor beengwaigor
So what you guys are saying is that Upgrading = 2 separate marks just liek retaking. In other words there's no differences its just the wording right ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan

@beengwaigor wrote
So what you guys are saying is that Upgrading = 2 separate marks just liek retaking. In other words there's no differences its just the wording right ?

Yes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Xizeta Xizeta
My school board, in Ontario, offers "reach-ahead" and "makeup" courses in summer school. Reach-ahead is taking the entire course and rewards you with a credit. Makeup is designed for people who have either failed the course and/or want to upgrade a mark.

If you take makeup, the new mark will replace the old mark. There will be some indication that the course upgraded through makeup. Universities and people looking at your transcript will see that the course was repeated but will not see the previous mark.

If you take reach-ahead for a course you already took - then the two courses will show up on your transcript.
Was this helpful? Yes 0