yconic - Upgrading Grade 12 courses
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Upgrading Grade 12 courses

A photo of Barmak Barmak
Hi,
I'm upgrading some of my grade 12 courses.. well alot of them.
Adv.fun
chem
phys
Calc

I was wondering what a good direction would go in when applying for university I looked at the deadlines, looks like id have to apply in April/May 2012. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to go as a Special status(mature student) next January then apply to get in by September?
I'm applying to University of Alberta, Mcgill, Ottawa U all engineering. The one I want to get in most of all is University of Alberta.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of sheslikethis sheslikethis
This sounds like a very good direction, by upgrading to a higher average it will give you a better advantage in getting into the program, especially if that program is competitive.

The more beneficial choice in this case would be to go as a mature student next January and then apply in September because it will give you the advantage of having more time to focus on your studies.

Plus, school orientation is a lot more fun in September ;)

- sheslikethis:cyclops:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Well, if you're looking to get into U of A, you don't even need a very high admission average to get in.
To get into any program, the average is only about 75%, and that's in your top.. 5? courses.. including English and whatever other pre-req you need.
For sciences, it's only 75, I'm 100% sure about this because I applied and got into U of A and I asked them what exactly the cut-off is.

But if you wanted to get into McGill, that's a different story altogether. You'd need at least a 90% average probably.

But I respect the amount of dedication you have in further pursuing your studies. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Barmak Barmak
@Shelikesthis

Thx for the input I'm going to keep that path then. :)

@Cyynthiia

U of A is the Ideal Canadian University for my needs. I'll continue and see where it leads me. :D

thx guys.
Was this helpful? Yes 0