yconic - [URGENCY!!!!!!!!] Concerns for Schulich!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

[URGENCY!!!!!!!!] Concerns for Schulich!

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion
on the supplementary form, I put in the number of hours which I estimated for each activity. However, if my referee provided a reference letter with different number of hours, would that matter? What are Schulich looking for? Obviously the number is different since my referee doesn't know everything I did. Or should I just tell her what numbers to write, honestly I think this is inappropriate, because you shouldn't be telling them what to write, right?

lol

Thanks in advance for people who can resolve my little concern here!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

ANd what did you guys do for this section? did you or did you not tell your referee what to write? coz I know some of my friends did it.

lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CaptVo CaptVo
Hi Dean,

I'm a third year Schulich student FYI. The discrepancy between the supplementary form hours and your reference letter probably isn't the greatest thing. It wouldn't hurt to ask your referee to put the longer hours on your supplementary form, but it probably won't be the biggest deal. 500 hours and 200 hours isn't going to make a real difference. If you care about your ethics, just change your supplementary form hours so it matches your letter unless it's a marginal difference. Hope this helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
umm i dont think u need to have estimted hours in th first place, because th hours they asked for was only for 2010 & 2011 -so nothing from the rest of this year
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Windsongs4 wrote
umm i dont think u need to have estimted hours in th first place, because th hours they asked for was only for 2010 & 2011 -so nothing from the rest of this year

god are you serious
i put in all the hours for activities which I started from 2009 but still presently involved in, so thats like 2 times of the hours done in the most recent two years!
lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorGaga DoctorGaga

@DeanVermillion wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

god are you serious
i put in all the hours for activities which I started from 2009 but still presently involved in, so thats like 2 times of the hours done in the most recent two years!
lol

wait so you know how it says our activities should be from the last 2 years (2010)...what if i started an activity in 2007 but im still part of it...does that mean i can write 2007 or do i have to write jan 2010??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
ehh, you can write 2010

but the other guy is right, it really makes a marginal difference (if any at all) towards actual acceptance on how many hours you have in this activity, or how you wrote the date, or if you used a table format.
Was this helpful? Yes 0