yconic - URGENT question about top 6 marks
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

URGENT question about top 6 marks

A photo of jack3d jack3d
Ok, so ive taken english gr 12 U twice. once last year, and right now.

last year i ended off with a 70 final mark. this year, i had a 76 at midterm, which was on my top 6 and i got accepted based on this.

now ever since midterm, i have been slacking so my english mark is lower than a 70.

My question is, for final marks, do they look at the top 6 overall again? or do they look at the 6 marks they used at midterm?

this might sound confusing but lets say i end up with a 69 in english THIS year, will they use the 69 from this year or the higher mark 70 in english form LAST year?

here is an example:

2011 midterm:
76 2011 english midterm mark

for 2011 final marks do they use:

2011 final:
69 2011 english final mark

or do they use

2011 final:
70 2010 english final mark

get it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of EricArzoo EricArzoo
I'm pretty sure they just take the higher mark if you took a course twice, but it may depend on the school too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
It depends on the school. Most will take the higher of the two marks. Although what a waste of your time to take it again and get a lower mark...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of merm123 merm123

@ktel wrote
It depends on the school. Most will take the higher of the two marks. Although what a waste of your time to take it again and get a lower mark...

Yeah, agreed. Didn't you learn the first time not to slack off?
Was this helpful? Yes 0