yconic - [URGENT] Schulich ACtivity LOG Question!!!!!!!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

[URGENT] Schulich ACtivity LOG Question!!!!!!!!!

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion
Hey guys,

I was gonna provide a 'brief' description to each activity.
However, for the significant ones I wrote about 100 words, for the less signifcant ones, my description was like 30 words or less.

Is this alright, I was afraid that they would lose interest to read, in total it was like 4 pages, I 1.5 speaced it lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
100 words?!?!!!!!!!!

Mine had one sentence per activity.

They do get a few thousand applications, im not sure writing 4 pages on just your clubs will reflect you positively, and it'd be kind of weird if your activity report is longer than your essays.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jack555 wrote
100 words?!?!!!!!!!!

Mine had one sentence per activity.

They do get a few thousand applications, im not sure writing 4 pages on just your clubs will reflect you positively, and it'd be kind of weird if your activity report is longer than your essays.

IF I DO NOT DESCRIBE IT, HOW'S THAT GONNA REFLECT MY ECS THO?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ke186 Ke186
Is it ok if I write my activity report descriptions in point form? I figured by doing this the admin ppl can see the key points right away.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Ke186 wrote
Is it ok if I write my activity report descriptions in point form? I figured by doing this the admin ppl can see the key points right away.

thats similar to what i did
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
i wrote long-ish descriptions too.... my total application was 13 pages :S but i asked mintok and he said descriptions were fine, and that his application was 13 pages as well :P
so to mr. 4 pages- u are defs okay i think :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Windsongs4 wrote
i wrote long-ish descriptions too.... my total application was 13 pages :S but i asked mintok and he said descriptions were fine, and that his application was 13 pages as well :P
so to mr. 4 pages- u are defs okay i think :P

hello ms. awesome
How many pages were for the activity log, out of 13 pages of your application?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

LOL hiya :P

hmm lemme check:

8 pages- and it wasnt 13 pages, my bad. it was 11.
though i do think they might get bored.. so less is more to those who havent sent theirs in yet :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27

@Windsongs4 wrote
LOL hiya :P

hmm lemme check:

8 pages- and it wasnt 13 pages, my bad. it was 11.
though i do think they might get bored.. so less is more to those who havent sent theirs in yet :P

8 pages is a lot. i had 3, tried to shorten it as much. most of my descriptions for main activities are around 40 words, longest being 60 words. i can go on writing about each for even up to 400 words like i did for the aeo application, but it was wasteful and i cut down as much as i could.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Wow, i shouldve made mine longer then
Was this helpful? Yes 0

finance27 - i know 8 is a lot. i did try to limit my descriptions to about 50 words.
and i asked mintok whether or not to cut out some of the smaller things, but he said no, because sometimes the smaller things are what distinguish you.

i dunno.anyways -good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mSoo mSoo
I found the supplementary outline for 2010 and there are examples of a few activities. I don't know if we should still be following this format but it goes something like
"Type:What it is___Time period___Total Hours___Short description of what u did/position"

Source:
http://www.schulich.yorku.ca/SSB-Extra/BBA.nsf/Lookup/2010%20Supplementary%20Information%20Form/$file/2010%20Supplementary%20Information%20%20Form.pdf
Was this helpful? Yes 0

msoo- oh dear.... i just saw what u showed -lol im dead :S

but anywho - ya i think u can follow that format since it looks like a good example/is on legit schulich stuff
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mSoo mSoo
I don't you'll be in any trouble, they didn't post any examples of what format they want in the outline this year so maybe they changed the policy. You also said mintok had about 13 pages when he applied so npnp
Was this helpful? Yes 0

that wasnt this years? OHH - k lol that makes more sense, cuz i printed that off and i was wondering if i was actually so blind not to see it lol :P

and lol -mintok; thank goodness for his highachieving-ness :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork
I have a question about the log.
On the instruction sheet its says to list the total number of hours per year that I have dedicated to each activity. So if started some of my activities 2years ago do I have to list the number of hours for each year or can I just put the total amount of hours for the activity?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i made a table for mine, and the heading i had was Total Hours for 2010 & 2011n(so i put both years combined)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork

@Windsongs4 wrote
i made a table for mine, and the heading i had was Total Hours for 2010 & 2011n(so i put both years combined)

Do you have to indicate the exact month when you started? or can you just write the year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i didnt put any months
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorGaga DoctorGaga
quick question. im having a problem figuring out how to number the pages....do i number the actual supp app 1-6 and then continue my essay and activity logs etc from there so 7-whatever.. orr do i number the supp app 1-6 and start over with my essay/log???
Was this helpful? Yes 0