yconic - [URGENT] Should I still attend class even though I'm going to be dropping it anyways?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

[URGENT] Should I still attend class even though I'm going to be dropping it anyways?

A photo of S41nTsBuRY S41nTsBuRY
I submitted a request for part time status form because I want to drop Calculus, and dropping this would make me part time because I only have 2 courses in 2nd semester. The office told me that the principal isn't going to be looking at part time request forms until the end of March (I have no idea why....), which means that I'm still enrolled in that class for now. Does it REALLY matter if I attend class or not? Even though I'm going to be a part time student this semester, I actually have 4 other courses (2 day school courses, 1 night school course and 1 virtual school course) and I would much rather spend the time working on stuff from these courses rather than sitting in class doing nothing knowing that I'm going to be dropping this anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of erudite erudite
No. I do this all the time and no one cared.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of S41nTsBuRY S41nTsBuRY

@erudite wrote

Ahh, mkay thanks.

Now I'm just worried that the principal might not sign it at all. After all, it's a "Request for Part-Time Status Form", which means the principal has the right to refuse to sign it right? Has anyone ever submitted these part-time request forms and got rejected?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
dude, if your principal rejects ur request.. wtf will u do then?
how about u take ilc instead. (i dropped calc too,and have this family studies course....SOOOO MUCH BETTER)
And that way, u wont be part time. ilc is honestly such a chill course,you work at your own pace. 20 lessons, 4 units and u get to choose b/w an exam or assignment. Easy 90 :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite

@S41nTsBuRY wrote

@erudite wrote

Ahh, mkay thanks.

Now I'm just worried that the principal might not sign it at all. After all, it's a "Request for Part-Time Status Form", which means the principal has the right to refuse to sign it right? Has anyone ever submitted these part-time request forms and got rejected?

If the principal refuses to sign it, then just continue skipping calculus. Last year this girl was doing poorly in accounting class and took nightschool but couldn't drop any more courses so she talked to the teacher about it and the teacher understood. She still appears in the attendance but it doesn't matter since she made up the credit with nightschool. So if you want to skip, then go ahead. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0