yconic - URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASe Check this out
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASe Check this out

A photo of maelong maelong
can i still apply to macgill? i know it says deadline is on feb1st, but apparently it looks like people can still apply
i finished all the crappy questions they ask, and about to pay. Should i pay or wat?11

And it says 80.5% for software engineering for mcgill? is it true?
i have 85%average do i have a shot? will it be easier to get in than U OF T chem engineering?

Please Answer quick,,,,help bro out!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
19 replies

A photo of plato plato
The deadline date usually means 11:59pm of that day. My advice is submit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@plato wrote
The deadline date usually means 11:59pm of that day. My advice is submit.

based on the time in quebec? or the region i'm living in ?
and with my mark should i apply?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Just apply...it's $100 it's not that much in the grand scheme of things where a university education will cost you tens of thousands of dollars.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

And if the cutoff says 80.5, and you have 85, what are you so worried about? It's not like the website is going to blatantly lie to you (well, it could I guess)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
And if the cutoff says 80.5, and you have 85, what are you so worried about? It's not like the website is going to blatantly lie to you (well, it could I guess)

it says minimum mark, so i'm pre sure it's totally different
for waterloo min mark for eng is like 75% but there's no fuking way ppl with 75 can get in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
Just apply...it's $100 it's not that much in the grand scheme of things where a university education will cost you tens of thousands of dollars.

you almost got me here, then again i already applied to u of t, waterloo, and u of c
and it cost me around 400$ so isn't it too much don't you think?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

For McGill the minimum mark is actually the minimum mark. There is no supplementary, so there is no such thing as a cutoff. They take however number of students they have space for, in descending order of marks, so yes 80.5 is actually the cutoff. Meaning last year, if you had 80.6, you got in. Catch my drift? :)
And $400 honestly is not that much. If money is THAT tight for you, university might just be too much for you. The extra $100 IMO is nothing in the long run, and only gives you more options. That's how I convinced myself anyways, I spent about $400-500 if I remember correctly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
For McGill the minimum mark is actually the minimum mark. There is no supplementary, so there is no such thing as a cutoff. They take however number of students they have space for, in descending order of marks, so yes 80.5 is actually the cutoff. Meaning last year, if you had 80.6, you got in. Catch my drift? :)
And $400 honestly is not that much. If money is THAT tight for you, university might just be too much for you. The extra $100 IMO is nothing in the long run, and only gives you more options. That's how I convinced myself anyways, I spent about $400-500 if I remember correctly.

what's your average? i see you applied to mcgill
i swear to god, if i waste my 100$ i'm gonna blame you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Around 90-92. But I applied to business and math for McGill
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
Around 90-92. But I applied to business and math for McGill

I see, and i also see cut-off mark for some crappy course is seventy something
does it mean ppl with 70 can get into mcgill?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I don't know but if that's what the website says, than I guess? Don't concern yourself with these kind of things, they're not worth your time. McGill is a great school with a great reputation (especially abroad) regardless of whether it accepts people with 60s 70s 80s or 90s.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

P.S. I just remembered that the "crappy course" with the 70 something cutoff is for programs that are only offered at the Macdonald campus, not the actual downtown campus.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
P.S. I just remembered that the "crappy course" with the 70 something cutoff is for programs that are only offered at the Macdonald campus, not the actual downtown campus.

i just applied to mcgill "B Eng Elec/B Eng Comp/BSE "
seriously if i wasted my money i'm gonna track you down, kill you and your family you son of bitch
i already feel like i wasted
but again it says 80.5right?^^
Was this helpful? Yes 0

....I'll just give you $100 if you're that poor? If $100 is worth killing someone over (even over the internet), I can't even imagine what it's going to be like paying $10,000+ a year for university.
But just for fun, are you some insecure short Asian kid (most likely a guy) because all your other Asian buds are getting 90 averages like it's nobody's business while you're stuck with an 85? Just taking my best guess :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plato plato
iliketurtles: dont let him/her bully you. You have been more than helpful in this thread and many others. You have many people looking forward to meeting you in university... like me :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Haha I'm just playing around :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
Haha I'm just playing around :)

hey i still didn't get any e-mail from the school. should i get worried?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour

@plato wrote
iliketurtles: dont let him/her bully you. You have been more than helpful in this thread and many others. You have many people looking forward to meeting you in university... like me :)

+1 :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
....I'll just give you $100 if you're that poor? If $100 is worth killing someone over (even over the internet), I can't even imagine what it's going to be like paying $10,000+ a year for university.
But just for fun, are you some insecure short Asian kid (most likely a guy) because all your other Asian buds are getting 90 averages like it's nobody's business while you're stuck with an 85? Just taking my best guess :)

hey
Was this helpful? Yes 0