yconic - UT Rotman vs. UBC Sauder????
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UT Rotman vs. UBC Sauder????

A photo of su1179 su1179
I couldn't decide which university I should go to...

Which one do you think it's better? UT or UBC? :'(

+ UT has reputation...and it's close from my home & im kinda scared since i heard UT drop lots of students after 1st year ..

+ UBC is in vancouver! but too far away? also less reputation...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ufoate ufoate
UBC Sauder is a better business school compared to UT rotman. If you are more concerned about the general university ranking. Then go to UT since its closer and has a better general university ranking.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GoBarca GoBarca

@su1179 wrote

+ UT has reputation...and it's close from my home & im kinda scared since i heard UT drop lots of students after 1st year ..

I would say UBC is slightly better than Rotman. Employers don't really look at which university u come from, they care about which business school u attend..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of su1179 su1179

@ufoate wrote
UBC Sauder is a better business school compared to UT rotman. If you are more concerned about the general university ranking. Then go to UT since its closer and has a better general university ranking.

Thanks! That's the problem, both of the universities are good schools, it jst UT is more famouse in my home country .... But I dont know whether i will survive at UT or not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of su1179 su1179

@GoBarca wrote

@su1179 wrote

I would say UBC is slightly better than Rotman. Employers don't really look at which university u come from, they care about which business school u attend..

Thanks! So UBC it is?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hairykangaroo hairykangaroo
I would choose rotman.

Both schools are equally good choices, but you're making a huge investment going to UBC not just money-wise, but think about the potential nostalgia that you are posing to yourself as you'll live far away from your family and friends. Not that it's a bad thing, but if you're deciding between two very similar schools, I dont see the reason to move so far away, unless you have family issues.

Also, dont be frightened by the difficulty at utsg. The onus is ultimately on you to succeed as a student... there is no barrier that limits your ability to succeed. Of course it is easier said than done, but if you really work hard with an authentic motivation to learn the curriculum and get involved with the school, I fail to see any reason for you to be hesitant in choosing rotman.

As a side note, I hear that the high dropout rate at rotman is due to international students and their lack of english/essay writing skills.

Tread lightly my friend.
Was this helpful? Yes 0