yconic - UT VS UWO
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UT VS UWO

A photo of LLUS LLUS
Hey,

Is it hard to maintain a 80% if I(got 83% in high school) want to study in economic at UTSG or UWO?

Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13
at UTSG, it is very difficult, from what I've heard
at UWO, it is relatively MUCH easier to obtain an 80%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17

@Emaad13 wrote
at UTSG, it is very difficult, from what I've heard
at UWO, it is relatively MUCH easier to obtain an 80%.

Relatively being the operative word. It's still not easy, and it's not going to be easy anywhere.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13
^ very true. University education is different and more difficult than high school...but with devoted studying and focus IN and OUT of class, getting such an average is quite possible, but still quite difficult.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Go to Western! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of bladerunner905 bladerunner905
Everyone who replied is from UWO.

So don't listen to them.

Anyways, UofT is more well known and academic, and its strength as Canada's top research university, scrap that, university in general, helps you if you are looking to head south for further schooling.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bladerunner905 bladerunner905
Everyone who replied is from UWO.

So don't listen to them.

Anyways, UofT is more well known and academic, and its strength as Canada's top research university, scrap that, university in general, helps you if you are looking to head south for further schooling.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
It amuses me that almost everyone who has replied so far has not experienced university yet. Honest opinion from a graduate: you will be competing with people who probably have averages higher than you. This in itself does not mean much, because there is notorious inflation in some high schools. The point, however, is that it is very likely you will be competing with people who have a better work ethic and are better prepared to do well in first-year than you will be. This will be true no matter which school you attend. Rather than asking people on the internet which school is easier, you should choose the school that you think will satisfy your personal expectations of what the perfect university should be, while keeping in mind that everyone here is biased, and there are some questions you will never find accurate answers to unless you have firsthand experience.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of EricArzoo EricArzoo

@Spengler wrote
It amuses me that almost everyone who has replied so far has not experienced university yet. Honest opinion from a graduate: you will be competing with people who probably have averages higher than you. This in itself does not mean much, because there is notorious inflation in some high schools. The point, however, is that it is very likely you will be competing with people who have a better work ethic and are better prepared to do well in first-year than you will be. This will be true no matter which school you attend. Rather than asking people on the internet which school is easier, you should choose the school that you think will satisfy your personal expectations of what the perfect university should be, while keeping in mind that everyone here is biased, and there are some questions you will never find accurate answers to unless you have firsthand experience.

This
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SandraMary SandraMary
I feel you're pain, except I'm debating between UTM and UWO's media courses )': I'm not sure how ready I am to pay for residence...
Was this helpful? Yes 0