yconic - Utilities
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Utilities

A photo of biosci biosci
I am living off campus next year with 5 other people. I am just wondering about how much your utilities were roughly when you lived off campus? I know it will be different for everyone but...I just want an estimate. If you could share that would be great!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of greygoose greygoose
Depends what's being covered. Electricity, water, heating and gas, and even internet/cable are possibilities.

Decent internet is a good $30/mo minimum. And cable is just ridiculously expensive. For the rest, it really depends. Usually not more than $50/mo for the first four combined, depending on usage, how many people you're splitting it with, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of biosci biosci
Yeah I have all of those :P Ok 50 doesn't sound too bad. I'm splitting with 5 people and we will rarely be at the house. Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
For gas, hydro, heat/ac, digital cable and high speed internet (60 gb package): $50-70/month per person (there's 4 of us living together). It's higher in the winter when we obviously use more electricity/heat/gas.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose

@biosci wrote
Yeah I have all of those :P Ok 50 doesn't sound too bad. I'm splitting with 5 people and we will rarely be at the house. Thanks!

I meant 50/person. Cable TV is usually the big killer (like $50+ a month! wtf) so if you avoid that you'll save lots.
Was this helpful? Yes 0