yconic - UTM -Bcom vs. UFT Rotman Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTM -Bcom vs. UFT Rotman Commerce

A photo of LWilliams LWilliams
So whats the difference between the two programs?
How good is UTM BComm compared to Rotman Commerce?
Can a student from UTM BComm complete an MBA from UFT?

Thanks in advance! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Jdot111 Jdot111
heres a history of these two programs:

UTM Commerce and UofT Rotman Commerce used to be the same program few years back.

when i applied it was just UofT Commerce and UTM Commerce, exact same course codes for every course. you only needed 1.85 to transfer to SG campus.

then in 2008 they changed it to Rotman Commerce for what reason i dont know. the course codes are different not but the content learned is still the same. SG is more difficult because it is more competitive. hence they mark harder, strict on admission etc. I was in both programs (UTM 1sy year, Rotman 2nd year, Financial Economics present year). if you like downtown atmosphere go Rotman, UTM is a little more lax but still very competitive.

and in regards to your MBA question you can do any degree and go for MBA. UofT is known for low gpas so keep that in mind with your decision making.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of businessgleek businessgleek

@Jdot111 wrote

UTM Commerce and UofT Rotman Commerce used to be the same program few years back.

when i applied it was just UofT Commerce and UTM Commerce, exact same course codes for every course. you only needed 1.85 to transfer to SG campus.

then in 2008 they changed it to Rotman Commerce for what reason i dont know. the course codes are different not but the content learned is still the same. SG is more difficult because it is more competitive. hence they mark harder, strict on admission etc. I was in both programs (UTM 1sy year, Rotman 2nd year, Financial Economics present year). if you like downtown atmosphere go Rotman, UTM is a little more lax but still very competitive.

and in regards to your MBA question you can do any degree and go for MBA. UofT is known for low gpas so keep that in mind with your decision making.

Just wondering, where did you prefer it better, UTM or Rotman?
I've applied for both and I'm interested in the differences between them. :colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jdot111 Jdot111

@businessgleek wrote

@Jdot111 wrote

Just wondering, where did you prefer it better, UTM or Rotman?
I've applied for both and I'm interested in the differences between them. :colors:

since my program has a small amount of people classes are held at both campuses. im from mississauga so getting to UTM is much easier than downtown, especially at rush hour. the buildings at UTM are newer and you see the same people often compared to SG where its around 50k+ student. St.George is nice because the atmosphere is awesome, when you are studying in the library you look at bay street and its like motivation.
Was this helpful? Yes 0