yconic - UTM Course Selection/Code HELP
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTM Course Selection/Code HELP

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
HI, so i dont know if you got your question answered already but to answer you first question on how do you know it adds up to 5 credits it depends on the course code. Y means that is is a full year course but also it is worth 1 credit. H means that it is only for half the year and is worth 0.5 of a credit. You need to count the amount of courses you have by that letter.

Your second question about tutorials and praticals is one that i even had a question about a while back. A tutorial is 30 or more students who meet up and discuss the content of the course to get a better understanding of what is being taught. usually a tutorial is taught by a TA. A practical is like a science lab. usually science courses or maybe computer courses would have a lab of some sort. In regards of how much you sign up for, you only sign up for one but you go to the class everyweek on the day you scheduled it. i havent really seen a course with both a tutorial and a practical but if there is, i eoulf think that you sign up for both.

hope that helps and is not too late for you!!!! =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of candia candia
HI, so i dont know if you got your question answered already but to answer you first question on how do you know it adds up to 5 credits it depends on the course code. Y means that is is a full year course but also it is worth 1 credit. H means that it is only for half the year and is worth 0.5 of a credit. You need to count the amount of courses you have by that letter.

Your second question about tutorials and praticals is one that i even had a question about a while back. A tutorial is 30 or more students who meet up and discuss the content of the course to get a better understanding of what is being taught. usually a tutorial is taught by a TA. A practical is like a science lab. usually science courses or maybe computer courses would have a lab of some sort. In regards of how much you sign up for, you only sign up for one but you go to the class everyweek on the day you scheduled it. i havent really seen a course with both a tutorial and a practical but if there is, i eoulf think that you sign up for both.

hope that helps and is not too late for you!!!! =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0