yconic - UTM: Majoring in Management / Psychology
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTM: Majoring in Management / Psychology

A photo of ps3fanboy25 ps3fanboy25
Hi everyone,

So I applied to the Psychology program at UTM and I plan on doing a double major in Psychology and Management to get an Honours BSc.

I am really worried though because I don't know if I applied properly. I applied to York's Psychology program as well and they already accepted me (based just off Gr 11 marks) and I applied to Ted Rogers School of Management (Ryerson) for Retail Management.

Should I have applied to the Management program instead of Psych? I have until Jan 11 to fix this in case I didn't do it right.

My goal at the end of all this is to have a management position in retail. Right now I work at Walmart and honestly, as crazy as it sounds, I LOVE working in retail. I know a lot of people say the customers are crazy and it's a hard job but I LOVE it. I was planning on working at Walmart until I get my degree so I can get a management position there (I know you can get a management position without a degree but it's so much harder).

My grades:

First Semester
English - 72 (this was at mid-term, I am going to get it as high as I can but I had a 91 last year)
Challenge and Change - 76 (this is from mid-term, I've killed everything since then so hopefully I can pull off an 80 +)
Individuals and Families - 78 (this is at mid-term, I've done really well since so I will probably get an 80 +)

Next semester
Biology (I hope to get at least an 80 because I've always done good in Bio)
Data Management (Never done well in Math but I am going to get a tutor and try really hard)
Food & Nutrition Sciences (bird course, but should I drop it for something else?)

Please help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
I would recommend that you leave your 3 choices as it is and maybe if money is not a concern apply to psych at Ryerson as well. But for some reason, if you can't apply to Ryerson again then leave your top 3 as it is. Who knows, you may just get in to Ryerson for Retail management. If not, you always can look forward to York.
Good luck (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ps3fanboy25 ps3fanboy25
Thanks but I really want to get into UTM because I live so close to it :\

I have been looking at the courses for Management at UTM and they include Calculus and stuff... I never even took Grade 12 Calculus and I suck at Math... honestly the more and more I think about it, it looks like I would be more successful if I went to Ryerson but UofT is so much closer to me, and cheaper, and it's the only Uni I want to go to.

Was this helpful? Yes 0