yconic - Utm Pre-Program Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Utm Pre-Program Commerce

A photo of toocoolforschool toocoolforschool
My average is an 81% right now and i think i might get a pre-program offer from UTM instead because my average is not in the mid-80s. So should I just take the pre-program and try to get into commerce 2nd year? Im really hoping somehow I just get into commerce first year....because i was checking CUDO and the cut off dropped from 86.3 last year to 83.3 this year. *fingers crossed*
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin
Yes, just study hard. If you do very well, you can even go for Rotman 2nd year.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of toocoolforschool toocoolforschool
What GPA would I need for Rotman? And also, my friend is gettin a 83.8%/84% average, is that good enough to get accepted to UTM commerce?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin

@toocoolforschool wrote
What GPA would I need for Rotman? And also, my friend is gettin a 83.8%/84% average, is that good enough to get accepted to UTM commerce?

A- or higher. Reminds me of Sauder... lol. Study 7 hours outside class everyday and you should make it.

For getting into UTM Commerce, you might just barely make it in with that average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
it does not matter if you get into 1st year commerce or 1st year business or even arts. they changed the requirements for the program. now everyone has to reapply after 1st year. there is no "guaranteed" admission. all they do is take the top 350 students with the highest gpas and they are admitted into commerce after 1st year.

the only thing good about getting 1st year commerce offer is you get priority in picking courses. but honestly that doesnt matter because there are like 1100 spots in eco, math and accounting courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0