yconic - UTSC, AIF, Schulich, Rotman PSE
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTSC, AIF, Schulich, Rotman PSE

A photo of VivekanJey VivekanJey
Hey guys, just a few questions about these supplementaries I am so behind and lost ...

for UTSC Co-Op Management's SAF how does it work? LIke once I start it do I have a set time to complete it or do I get to work on it on an accumulative basis?

AIF: I haven't gotten it yet ... but is this an online thing with a time limit or an accumulative thing? I applied to the MATH/CA program and the AFM CA Co-Op program so do I still just fill in one AIF or two separate ones? I believe it's one but just got to make sure.

Schulich: We just download it online, fill it out and email and mail/deliver it to them right? The referee form and the the actual Supp. form?

Rotman PSE: I heard this is an online one with a time limit; do the rumours hold any truth? Also, it's a randomly generated question right? I just open it up and start filling it in on thes pot then and there?

One other question: When do we get invited to write the AFMAA exam, and does everyone have to write it?

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide ... and if anyone has any additional information they'd like to share with me about any of these supplementaries I would greatly appreciate it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of Tantrum Tantrum
I hear Schulich has a 30 minute time limit as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
Schulich
Download the form and fill it out. Type up your essays, activity report and special letters (if you have them) and mail the form or drop it off at the school yourself.

Also, as soon as you get a chance, submit contact information of 2 references online (instructions are in the form). They will get instructions of what they need to do to give you a reference.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You say I have to type up special letters; by that are you referring to the reference letters from a teacher and an out-of school reference?
I'm kind of confused about the references, do we get them to write the reference letter and mail/deliver it to the school or just fill out the contact info sheet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn

@VivekanJey wrote
You say I have to type up special letters; by that are you referring to the reference letters from a teacher and an out-of school reference?
I'm kind of confused about the references, do we get them to write the reference letter and mail/deliver it to the school or just fill out the contact info sheet?

For references, you get the actual letter from the people you asked for references, then you attach the physical letters with your supplementary application when you drop it off/mail it.. You also need to put in their contact info online.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aeryn wrote

@VivekanJey wrote

For references, you get the actual letter from the people you asked for references, then you attach the physical letters with your supplementary application when you drop it off/mail it.. You also need to put in their contact info online.

Alright that makes sense. They might want to contact the references later on for further inquiries.

Thanks a lot for your information and help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
wait wait! My friend just said that they changed it this year. You put in the contact info and the school asks them for letters. But i guess it wouldn't hurt to have copies attached or something :) they need to write one anyways later
Was this helpful? Yes 0

haha alright thanks for all your efforts in helping me!
Now I just need someone's advice on the other supplementaries!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
:) yw!
Btw, utsc and waterloo aif both don't have time limits. You save your work and continue next time, and submit when ready. Rotman might have a time limit, don't remember :/ last year we chose one of two/three topics but you guys might get a random one. Anyways, rotman's supp is a joke compared to the other schools so you'll be fine :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh that's good then so Rotman is probably the only online for me! Thank god.
That's what I've heard from a few Schulich students on this forum .. that Rotman's PSE is a joke .. but why do you guys consider it that way?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Because it's literally one question, and you just write a paragraph for it. It's a lot shorter and less comprehensive than the other supplementaries. And the questions are easy to mould an answer to. It was something like...how have you demonstrated leadership in your EC's or how have you contributed to your community. :p
Oh, and because it's due so much later than the other supplementaries, by the time you do your Rotman one, you're probably an expert at talking about your accomplishments and skills based on the practice you got from the other ones. It'll be a breeze to write a paragraph for Rotman. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah well in that case it does seem very easy. It's due later on? From what I know Rotman's PSE is due by January 23rd for early acceptance consideration, isn't it? I also heard that USTC SAF is due January 27th because I received their email on January 6th, while Schulich's is due on January 25th.

Can anyone verify that information please? I don't want to miss out on any valuable information. Does anyone know when the AIF is due and when we would be called for the AFMAA exam?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite

@VivekanJey wrote
while Schulich's is due on January 25th.

Can anyone verify that information please? I don't want to miss out on any valuable information. Does anyone know when the AIF is due and when we would be called for the AFMAA exam?

Schulich's supplementary form is due February 8th. :3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@VivekanJey wrote

All of your questions can be found on these two pages:

AIF

AFMAA
Was this helpful? Yes 0