yconic - --UTSC COMPUTER SCIENCE --
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

--UTSC COMPUTER SCIENCE --

A photo of Madhawakolonna12 Madhawakolonna12
Hey guys, so I didn't get into the program I wanted to get in which was Computer science at UW. But, I did get into the Computer Science program at the University of Toronto Scarborough. I'm not really familiar with their program. Can someone please tell me more about this program at UTSC, and also talk a little bit about specializing in Software Engineering after second year.
Also does anyone what the requirements were to get into this program, as it doesn't say anywhere on their website.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Stranger Stranger
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=UTSC+computer+science
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of premachb premachb

@Stranger wrote
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=UTSC+computer+science

Next time you pull that one consider using bit.ly so no one recognizes the link, fail.

To the OP: It's a good program, they have a co-op option at the UTSC campus which is a plus. It's pretty much the same as the UTSG Or UTM Program except it has some courses of its own (check em out I don't really know much about UTSC).

Computer Science has the option of "Specializations" after 1st year. Software Engineering is one of them, you need to take a set of courses (Check em out), at have a good GPA to get into the specialization (Yes, you apply again to a specialization). Once you get in there are a set of courses you have to take (obviously related to SE), which then gets you the degree at the end with a specialization in SE (or w/e you choose).

The program is one of the top in the country, and even in the world (well UTSG is, I'm not so sure about UTSC, but it's bound to be high). So you have good rep coming out. Yeah, that's what I can tell you.

I'm currently applying to the UTSG program and have been doing a lot of research, I'm not actually in the program, so it may be beneficial to ask someone who is in it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0