yconic - UTSC coop management or Brock BAcc coop?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTSC coop management or Brock BAcc coop?

A photo of Miss07 Miss07
Which school would be better for becoming a CA?
Utsc coop management or Brock Bacc (coop)
pros and con please (: !
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of apark17 apark17
if you want to get your CA and set on being a CA there is no question brock is the better choice!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Pharger Pharger
Im not definite on my answer. The way i see it, Brock Acc is known for its accounting specialization but it isn't so good in its other fields of business. IF you are certain that becoming a CA is what you want, I'd say Brock would be better.
On the other hand, UTSC is quite decent at all their fields, thus students would be generally versatile in all fields of business. But honestly, the opportunities you can get from UofT and Brock aren't any different. The only thing I would say is that graduating from UofT would definitely give you a better reputable advantage against Brock.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Pharger wrote
Im not definite on my answer. The way i see it, Brock Acc is known for its accounting specialization but it isn't so good in its other fields of business. IF you are certain that becoming a CA is what you want, I'd say Brock would be better.
On the other hand, UTSC is quite decent at all their fields, thus students would be generally versatile in all fields of business. But honestly, the opportunities you can get from UofT and Brock aren't any different. The only thing I would say is that graduating from UofT would definitely give you a better reputable advantage against Brock.

Rep matter very little, especially once you have your CA.

Can't go worng with either. I would probably recommend Brock.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
UTSC. Why? Because you're probably 18 with no accounting exposure. You are no where near prepared to invest the next four years of your life towards accounting. You can still get accounting jobs at UTSC, but you won't be limited and you'll actually learn a large variety of business, opposed to just accounting at Brock.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@IanSharer wrote
UTSC. Why? Because you're probably 18 with no accounting exposure. You are no where near prepared to invest the next four years of your life towards accounting. You can still get accounting jobs at UTSC, but you won't be limited and you'll actually learn a large variety of business, opposed to just accounting at Brock.

You can always transfer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer

@johnnycanuck wrote

@IanSharer wrote

You can always transfer.

Transferring is extremely hard depending on the program. For example, Schulich takes what 4-5 people? It's much harder to get good grades in University and most programs are very hard to transfer into. Why take the risk? The insignificant advantage in accounting over UTSC is not worth limiting yourself at Brock.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Miss07 Miss07
What if UTSC was a commuter school and money can be saved since there's no residence cost? Would Brock still be the better choice? =S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Miss07 wrote
What if UTSC was a commuter school and money can be saved since there's no residence cost? Would Brock still be the better choice? =S

The difference between the schools isn't that big. If you would prefer to stay at home and save money, then maybe UTSC is the better choice for you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0