yconic - UTSC Introductory Physics for Life Sciences
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UTSC Introductory Physics for Life Sciences

A photo of 1msm1 1msm1
Hello,
I would like to know just how much mathematics is required for this course, and how much different this course is from the regular first year university physics course at
UTSC. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of biosci biosci
Well no one has answered but at Guelph it is pretty easy, the final was a bit challenging but it's basic math.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 1msm1 1msm1
Thank you for your response. I would also like to know whether this course covers the concepts learned in high school physics, or are the topics different from those learned in high school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Reality Reality

@1msm1 wrote
Thank you for your response. I would also like to know whether this course covers the concepts learned in high school physics, or are the topics different from those learned in high school?

Depending on the course, Physics I will cover and expand on the 'traditional' branches of Physics, namely dynamics, kinematics, energy and work; you may or may not be exposed to calculus (i.e. derivations of formulae), depending on how rigorous the course is. Judging by the title, expect to see basic biological applications such as biomechanics, or ATP transport. You may also cover waves, and fluid dynamics (completely new) as well (for me, it did).
Was this helpful? Yes 0